On January 20, 2021, the Yevgeny Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IMEMO RAS) and Interfax Group will hold its 4 th expert meeting under the joint project «Russia and the World: A Professional Talk». The discussion topic at the meeting will be «Russia on the Global Agenda of the 46 th President of the United States».
The conference will be moderated by Director of IMEMO RAS and Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences Feodor Voitolovsky.
Speakers at the event include Thomas Graham, Managing Director at Kissinger Associates, Inc. and Senior Fellow at the Yale Jackson Institute for Global Affairs; Dmitri Trenin, Director of the Carnegie Moscow Center; Andrey Kortunov, Director General of the Russian International Affairs Council; and Victoria Zhuravleva, Ph.D. in Political Science and Head of the Center for North American Studies at IMEMO RAS.
The following topics are suggested for discussion:
- The polarization and split of American society: consequences for foreign policy.
- Donald Trump’s policies were driven, among other things, by the desire to fully revise the policies of his predecessor. Will this pendulum continue to swing under Joe Biden, and, if so, how far?
- Possible approaches of the Joe Biden administration to strategic stability and arms control.
- Will the United States a predominantly selective or integral approach to Russia and China?
- Expected changes expected on the Trans-Atlantic, Middle Eastern and South Asian tracks.
The online broadcast of the meeting will be available starting at 5:30 pm Moscow time.